Be forewarned: this recipe is not for the feint of heart. It is full of stuff that is horrible for you: fat, beef, cheese, fat, salt, food processed until it no longer resembles food. It will stick to your ribs, your diaphragm, your colon and your conscience. All of that aside, it is my most favorite meal in the world and I make it a couple times a year and it is so very good.
With that warning out of the way, I present Reynold’s Mess, named after my father who made it for the family when I was a growing roach.
1 box of macaroni & cheese
1 brick of cream cheese
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
- Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the directions on the package.
- While the water is boiling, brown the ground beef. Drain.
- After you have prepared the macaroni and cheese, add the cream of mushroom soup.
- Cut the cream cheese into chunks and add it to the macaroni/mushroom soup mix.
- Add the ground beef to the mix.
- Keep stirring and heat over medium heat until all the ingredients are combined. Add milk as needed for the consistency you desire.
- Season with garlic salt to taste. I use 1/2 t. Serve immediately.
Hahaha … just kidding. There’s no way I want to know just how bad this meal is for me.